desktop and web application and performance testing.
- Served the automated client-server testing and web testing community for > 35 years.
- Pioneer in automated:
test capture (recording & low-code) + interpretive playback:
DOM-based web testing;
auto-instrumented code coverage checking;
continuous web application monitoring;
static and dynamic program analysis technologies.
- eValid™ V9 currently runs on Microsoft Windows 10 with IE 11+.
eValid's foundational web application testing technology has an early priority date:
US Utility Patents
- Patents cited by
other patents and applications of
≥ 104 companies and organizations.
- Referenced by USPTO in examiner rejections of
patent applications and cited specifically by an examiner in
If you are interested in licensing eValid technology please see:
eValid Technology & Opportunities.
Automated Web |
Pioneered web application testing using test-enabled browsers based on native capabilities.
- Original browser-based client-side web applications testing product: 2000.
- Software Development Jolt Award: 2003.
- Achieved ~1,000 eValid installations worldwide in 2008.
eValid™ testing technology fully incorporated in
the W3C WebDriver
standard, now in "CR" status at 05 June 2018.
- The eValid™ User Forum
supports users discussions of
functional testing, load testing,
website scanning, security checking,
and performance monitoring.
- eValid™ Home Page.
1992 - 2002
Milestones in developmented of automated test technology for client-server systems:
- Automated test rcording/playback system for Windows (1984).
- Automated GUI test capture/playback for XWindows (1990).
- Structural (branch, C1) test coverage analyzer for C/C++ (1991).
- Structural (call-pair, Cp) test coverage analyzer for C/C++ (1992).
- All-path test coverage (Ct) analyzer for C/C++ (1993).
- There were > 4,000 TestWorks licenses installed at over 1,750 sites (1994) worldwide.
- Software Magazine Top 500 Award: 1997, 1998, 1999
- Integrated QA functions:
GUI test capture/playback (Unix & Windows),
automated regression testing,
intelligent image comparison with OCR,
static analysis (1994);
automated code metrics (1995).
- Unified UNIX, XWindows, Microsoft Windows product architecture (1996).
- TestWorks™ is a legacy product from 2002.
Industry Leader In
Quality Technology Conferences
Software QA &
QualityWeek™ (QW 1988-2002) and five QualityWeek/Europe™(QWE 1998-2002) conferences
advanced and popularized automated testing of desktop and web applications.
served > 10,000 academic and industry leaders
in open international technology forums supporting
a range of innovative concepts in
and software security and reliability.
hundreds of consultants' and technologists' professional careers,
including many of today's software testing technology leaders.
Overall, in 20 conferences over 15 years there were
> 1,100 Technical Papers and Presentations
presented, vetted by an
International Advisory Board
of > 130 academics and industrial technology leaders.
An archive of the entire content of the 20 QW/QWE conferences
is being assembled and will soon be released to the community.
Software Research, Inc.
P.O. Box 410453
San Francisco, CA 94141 USA