desktop and web application testing.
- Served the application testing community for > 25 years.
- Originated regression testing, automated web testing,
and automated program analysis technologies.
- eValid™ V9 is current through Windows 8.1.
An early patent priority date
eValid's foundational web-testing
Issued US Utility Patents.
- Multiple patent applications outstanding.
- Patents cited by
other patents and applications of
> 54 companies and organizations.
- Referenced by USPTO in rejections of
patent applications and cited specifically by an examiner in
eValid Technology & Opportunities.
Automated Web |
Originated web application testing using test-enabled (instrumented) browsers.
- First-ever browser-based web testing product: 2000.
- Software Development Jolt Award: 2003
- Achieved ~1,000 installations in 2008.
eValid™ test technology incorporated in
W3C WebDriver standard.
- Active eValid™ User Forum
for functional testing, load testing,
website scanning, security checking,
and performance monitoring.
- eValid™ Home Page.
Milestones in automated client-server test technology:
- Automated GUI test capture/playback for XWindows (1990).
- Structural (branch, C1) test coverage analyzer for C/C++ (1991).
- Path-test coverage (Ct) analyzer (1993).
- > 4,000 licenses at over 1,750 sites (1994).
- Software Magazine Top 500 Award: 1998-1999
- Integrated QA functions:
GUI test capture/playback (Unix & Windows),
automated regression testing,
intelligent image comparison with OCR,
static analysis (1994);
automated code metrics (1995).
- Unified UNIX, XWindows, Microsoft Windows product architecture (1996).
- TestWorks™ is a now legacy product available with limited support.
QualityWeek™ (QW 1988-2002) and QualityWeek/Europe™(QWE 1998-2002) conferences
advanced and popularized automated application and web software testing.
served over 15,000 academic and industry leaders
in an open international technology forum supporting
a wide range of innovative concepts in
and software reliability.
hundreds of consultants' and technologists' professional careers,
including many of today's software testing technology leaders.
Software Research, Inc.
P.O. Box 410453
San Francisco, CA 94141 USA
Phone: +1 (415) 861-2800
FAX: +1 (415) 861-9801