desktop and web application and performance testing.
- Served the automated client-server testing and web testing community for > 35 years.
- Pioneer in automated:
test capture (recording & low-code) + interpretive playback:
DOM-based web testing;
auto-instrumented code coverage checking;
continuous web application monitoring;
static and dynamic program analysis technologies.
- Recent News
eValid's foundational web application testing technology has an early priority date:
US Utility Patents
- Patents cited by
other patents and applications of
≥ 114 companies and organizations.
- Referenced by USPTO in examiner rejections of
patent applications and cited specifically by an examiner in
If you are interested in licensing eValid technology please see:
eValid Technology & Opportunities.
Testing & Analysis
Web Test Automation
Pioneered web application testing incorporating test-enabled browsers based on
native DOM-based browsing capabilities.
- Original browser-based client-side web applications testing product: 2000.
- Software Development's Jolt Award: 2003.
- Achieved ~1,000 eValid installations worldwide in 2008.
eValid™ testing technology was functioanlly incorporated in
W3C WebDriver Standard,
now in "CR" status from 05 June 2018.
- The eValid™ User Forum
supports users discussions of
functional testing, load testing,
website scanning, security checking,
and performance monitoring.
- eValid™ V9 currently runs on Microsoft Windows 10 with IE 11+.
- eValid™ Home Page.
1992 - 2002
Milestones in developmented of automated test technology for client-server systems:
- Automated GUI test capture/playback for XWindows (1990).
- Automated test rcording/playback system for Windows (1984).
- Structural (branch, C1) test coverage analyzer for C/C++ (1991).
- All-path test coverage (Ct) analyzer for C/C++ (1993).
- Structural (call-pair, Cp) test coverage analyzer for C/C++ (1992).
- There were > 4,000 TestWorks licenses installed at over 1,750 sites (1994) worldwide.
- Software Magazine Top 500 Award: 1997, 1998, 1999
- Integrated QA functions:
GUI test capture/playback (Unix & Windows),
automated regression testing,
intelligent image comparison with OCR,
static analysis (1994);
automated code metrics (1995).
- Unified UNIX, XWindows, Microsoft Windows product architecture (1996).
- TestWorks™ is a legacy product from 2002.
Industry Leader In
Software Quality Conferences
Software QA &
Twenty technical conferences in total.
QualityWeek™ (QW 1988-2002) and five QualityWeek/Europe™(QWE 1998-2002) conferences
advanced and popularized automated testing of desktop and web applications.
served > 10,000 academic and industry leaders
in open international technology forums supporting
a range of innovative concepts in
and software security and reliability.
hundreds of professional' careers,
including many software testing technology leaders.
Overall, there were
> 1,100 Technical Papers and Presentations
presented, vetted by an
International Advisory Board
of > 130 academics and industrial technologists.
Here is a complete
Archive of QW/QWE Proceedings and Tutorial Notes
Software Research, Inc.
P.O. Box 410453
San Francisco, CA 94141 USA