- Recent News
automated test capture (recording & low-code) + interpretive playback;
DOM-based web testing;
auto-instrumented code coverage checking;
continuous web application monitoring;
static and dynamic program analysis technologies.
- Served the testing community for > 40 years.
eValid's foundational web application testing technology has early priority dates.
- A total of 10
Utility Patents issued 2007 ‐ 2021.
- Patents cited by
other patents and applications of
≥ 120 companies and organizations.
- Referenced by USPTO in examiner rejections of
patent applications and cited specifically by the USPTO examiner in
Testing & Analysis
2000 ‐ 2023
Pioneered web application testing incorporating test-enabled browsers based on
native DOM-based browsing capabilities.
- Original browser-based client-side web applications testing product: 2000.
- Software Development Magazine Jolt Award: 2003.
- Achieved > 1,000 eValid product installations worldwide in 2008.
eValid™ testing technology was functionally incorporated in
W3C WebDriver Standard.
- The eValid™ User Forum
supports users discussions of
functional testing, load testing,
website scanning, security checking,
and performance monitoring.
Industry Leader In
Software Quality Conferences
Software QA &
Twenty technical conferences in total.
QualityWeek™ (QW 1988-2002) and five QualityWeek/Europe™(QWE 1998-2002).
- Those conferences
advanced and popularized automated testing of desktop and web applications.
served > 10,000 academic and industry leaders
in open international technology forums supporting
a range of innovative concepts in
and software security and reliability.
hundreds of professional' careers,
including many software testing technology leaders.
Overall, there were
> 1,100 Technical Papers and Presentations
presented, vetted by an
International Advisory Board
of > 130 academics and industrial technologists.
Here is a complete
Archive of QW/QWE Proceedings and Tutorial Notes
1984 - 2002
Milestones in automated test technology for client-server systems:
- Automated test recording/playback system for Windows (1984).
- Automated GUI test capture/playback for XWindows (1990).
- Branch (C1) test coverage analyzer for C/C++ (1991).
- Call-pair (Cp) test coverage analyzer for C/C++ (1992).
- Path test coverage (Ct) analyzer for C/C++ (1993).
- By 1995 there were > 4,000 TestWorks licenses installed at over 1,750 sites worldwide.
- Unified UNIX, XWindows, Microsoft Windows product architecture (1996).
- Software Magazine Top 500 Award: 1997, 1998, 1999
- Integrated QA functions:
GUI test capture/playback (Unix & Windows);
automated regression testing;
intelligent image comparison with OCR;
static code analysis:
automated code metrics,
- The TestWorks™ became a legacy product in 2002.
Software Research, Inc.
P.O. Box 410453
San Francisco, CA 94141 USA